Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I think I got this recipe from Taste of Home magazine. It has a very refreshing taste. The original frosting called for 1 cup of coconut, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 T orange juice, 1 T lemon juice, 4 tsp grated orange peel, and 1 cup of heavy cream. I just frost it with the fat-free Cool Whip mixed with the orange juice, lemon juice, and peel.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add juices and peel and mix well -- mixture will appear curdled.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour wtih baking powder and salt and add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 8-inch baking pans.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or utnil cake tests done.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.