Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
There are many recipes for an Orange Julius drink here, but none with the exact proportions or ingredients of this recipe, so I decided to post it.
- 1 cup orange juice, from the refrigerated section. (Using fresh-squeezed juice makes for an even more delicious treat, do not use canned juice.)
- 1⁄2 cup milk (not fat-free or skim)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice cube
- orange slice (optional)
- In blender container combine orange juice, milk, sugar and vanilla. Cover; blend until mixed.
- With the blender running, add ice cubes, 1 at a time, through lid opening.
- Blend until smooth. Pour into tall glasses. Garnish on the rim with orange slices, if desired.
I really love this! Normally I do not add any form of dairy to my smoothies but I am so glad I decided to give this a try. Since I was only making a single serving I peeled a whole orange and placed it in my Vita-Mix blender and blended it into juice first. Then I added the appropriate amount of milk, ice and vanilla. The only alteration I made was in the sugar...that I cut in a little more then 1/2 since the fresh orange was so sweet. I will definitely make this often as it is a healthy treat that everyone in my family will enjoy. Thanks for sharing. Made and reviewed for the 25th AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
Gran and grandbabe made. I so love my grandbabe, too. Wide-eyed, innocent and she's about this tall. A real cutey patooty...and spoiled. Made for PRMR.
This is so like the orange julius I had in a restaurant. I'll be doing this recipe a lot. I made it for 1 serving but I should have made it for 2. Cause I made my son taste it and he wanted it for him. Thanks TasteTester :) Made for your win on I recommend tag game