Recipe by Oolala
Haven't tried it yet but sounds good. You can use on asparagus, other vegetables or fish. This yields 1 1/4 cups.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed
For the sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 orange, zest of
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer the wine in a small saucepan for about 2 minutes, until the liquid is reduced by approximately 2 tablespoons.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, the reduced wine, the zest and the dill and stir until it is smooth.
- Blend in the orange juice and taste. If it is too tart, add the optional sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least a 1/2 hour to allow the flavors to blend.
- Cook asparagus by either steaming or blanching is salted water and let cool to room temperature.
- Serve with the sauce.