Recipe by Chris Reynolds
A Good Housekeeping recipe. This is a delicious alternative to the usual butter and brown sugar.
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 acorn squash, stems and seeds discarded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut acorn squash into 1" thick wedges. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pour cider into 13x9 baking dish. Add squash rounded sides down. Season salt and pepper. Cover dish with foil, bake 30 minutes, or until just tender.
- In medium bowl, mix marmalade, mustard, butter, cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp salt until smooth.
- Reset oven to 425°F Uncover squash, brush with mustard mixture. Roast 30 minutes, or until browned.