Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
4 main dish servings or 10 appetizer servings.
- 4 lbs chicken wings, cut into joints, bony wing tips cut off (or 3 lb. chicken drumettes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- salt, to taste
- Coat slow cooker with cooking spray; rinse chicken wings, the pat dry.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat.
- Brown the wings, in batches, for 3-5 minutes on each side; as the wings brown, transfer to the slow cooker.
- Lower heat to medium; add more oil to skillet if necessary; add in shallots; stir/saute 3-4 minutes or until softened; stir in remaining ingredients.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture over wings; stir the wings to coat evenly.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- If possible, stir gently halfway through cooking with a wooden spoon, pushing the wings on the top to the bottom to coat with sauce.