2 hrs 30 mins
4 main dish servings or 10 appetizer servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs chicken wings, cut into joints, bony wing tips cut off (or 3 lb. chicken drumettes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- salt, to taste
- 1Coat slow cooker with cooking spray; rinse chicken wings, the pat dry.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat.
- 3Brown the wings, in batches, for 3-5 minutes on each side; as the wings brown, transfer to the slow cooker.
- 4Lower heat to medium; add more oil to skillet if necessary; add in shallots; stir/saute 3-4 minutes or until softened; stir in remaining ingredients.
- 5Remove from heat and pour mixture over wings; stir the wings to coat evenly.
- 6Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- 7If possible, stir gently halfway through cooking with a wooden spoon, pushing the wings on the top to the bottom to coat with sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange-Dijon Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.3
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 139.8 mg
- Sodium 204.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 33.6 g