Recipe by Sydney Mike
Have been saving this recipe for over 40 years, expecting to make it someday, & that someday happened this past week! Well, what the heck -- Better late then never for this nice-tasting, easy-to-make dessert! [The recipe takes a 6 ounce can of frozen orange juice concentrate.]
Top Review by diner524
These are great for breakfast too!!! I made 1/2 of the recipe for the pancakes and 1/4 of the syrup for breakfast. It made 9 medium pancakes and the syrup is very sweet, so very little needed with the orange sweetened cakes. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Stars Tag.
FOR THE PANCAKES
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup light cream
- 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup pancake mix
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE PANCAKES, Combine egg, cream & 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate.
- Add pancake mix, stirring to remove most lumps.
- Bake on hot greased griddle.
- FOR THE SAUCE, in a saucepan, mix butter, sugar, 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate & zest.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.