Recipe by moonpoodle
I found this recipe on Tropicana's website.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
We found your orange bars wonderfully delicious, but then I was extremely generous when measuring the zest! We always enjoy lemon bars, but these make a very nice sweeter diversion from those! Definitely a keeper recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in the special event All Aboard the L-O-V-E Train!]
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- To make the crust, beat butter with electric mixer until creamy. Add confectioners' sugar; beat well. Then,add combined flour and oats; beat on low speed until crumbly.
- Press crumbs firmly and evenly onto bottom of Greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake 20 minutes, until light golden brown. Remove from oven. Reduce heat to 300ºF.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the filling. Beat eggs, granulated sugar and orange zest until well blended. Add juice; beat to combine. Add flour and mix just enough to combine. Pour filling over warm, baked crust.
- Bake the crust with filling until filling is set, about 40 minutes.
- Cool in pan 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate.
- To serve, cut into bars. You may choose to garnish with more orange zest or confectioner's sugar.