Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sweet pudding Jello mix. Good for BBQ's
- 3 1⁄2 ounces fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1⁄3 ounce sugar-free orange gelatin
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- Drain and reserve liquid from fruit. Add enough water to make two cups of liquid. Pour pudding mix & liquid into a pan.
- Cook until thickened, stir in dry Jello.
- Mix in pineapple and oranges.
This recipe did not work for me. One does not "cook" instant pudding. Sorry. I ruined my salad but "remade it" using cook type pudding (2 packages of vanilla) 2 packages of orange jello, a large can of mandarin oranges, can of crushed pineapple and a can of pineapple chunks. The juice was 3 cups plus 1 cup water. Mix the jello and pudding together then add juice. Cook until it boils, is thickened and clear. Cool and then add fruit. Refrigerate several hours or overnite. I doubled the recipe as I was taking it to a pot luck affair. Came home with an empty bowl. Used sugar free in both pudding and jello.
I tried this and it tasted funny. Maybe it wouldn't, if you used full-sugar versions of pudding and jello, but we didn't like the twang-and we eat sugar free all the time.