Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
My favorite gelled salad. I usually only get to make it at Christmas or Thanksgiving though. It is too much for just hubby and me, even though it is a smallish one. Cook time is chill time.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 ounces orange Jell-O
- 1 cup small marshmallow
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- Pour boiling water over jello and marshmallows. Stir until marshmallows melt. Set aside this mixture until cooled slightly.
- Cream the cream cheese and sugar; then add whipping cream. Whip until mixture is smooth and thick.
- Add jello mixture, drained pineapple and nuts. Pour into mold and chill.
I know these gelatin moulds are always referred to as salads but we prefer it as a dessert - it certainly has all the ingredients. People do not know the difference!! Very refreshing and light.
This was very good, and really easy to make. I wanted something elegent for our dessert, so instead of pouring it into a gelatin mold I chilled the servings in individual crystal champagne glasses for a special touch. I followed the recipe as directed but had to omit the pecans (one of my kids cannot have nuts). My only suggestion would be to specify what size can of pineapple to use. It says small, but it should be more specific because the smallest can I could find was 15-oz and that seemed to be too much, so I halved it. But I can see that this dish would be perfect for Thanksgiving, because the soft orange color would blend well with the fall colors of our table linens and the golden tone of most of our Thanksgiving dishes (including the roasted turkey!). Thanks for sharing your recipe, Hwin. We really enjoyed it. Made for "Please Review My Recipe" tag game.