1/2 Photos of Orange Date Muffins (Or Chocolate Chip)
LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
These low-fat soft orange muffins are bursting with sweet orange flavour. By far the best orange muffin I have made. The original recipe is for orange date muffins but I often replace the dates with chocolate chips. Dates have been a staple food of the Middle East for thousands of years
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut orange into 8 or more pieces, remove seeds.
- 2Place cut orange into a blender or food processor.
- 3Blend into rind is finely ground; add orange juice to this mixture to make it easier to grind.
- 4Add dates (or chocolate chips), egg, and margarine; blend until mixed (if using chocolate chips you may want to add them in step 6 instead of in this step).
- 5In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar.
- 6Add orange mixture to dry ingredients; stir gently until just mixed.
- 7Spray 12 medium-large muffin cups with cooking spray.
- 8Fill tins 2/3 full.
- 9Bake at 400F for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Date Muffins (Or Chocolate Chip)
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.3
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 163.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 2.6 g