Recipe by Baby Kato
These are so good. My favourite breakfast muffin. I hope you'll enjoy them as much as I do, served hot or cold with sweet butter. What could be better with a cup of hot tea.
Top Review by Galley Wench
5 BRIGHT Star Kato! So moist and flavorful. I added a couple tablespoons of flax seed meal to the batter and substituted 1/2 of white flour for 1/2 cup of white whole wheat flour. The recipe made 6 giant muffins, which I baked at 375 for about 22 minutes. Definitely a keeper. THANKS!
- 1 large orange
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 1⁄2 cup dates, large, whole, pitted, honey
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup salted butter
- 6 pieces candied orange peel, large
- 1⁄8 cup walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut orange into bite size pieces, removing only the seeds.
- Place the orange into an electric blender on grind, while grinding add the juice, egg and butter into the blender and mix well.
- In a seperate bowl add flour, soda, baking powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the candied orange peel, dates and walnuts to the orange mixture and pour over the dry ingredients and stir lightly, until just combined.
- Place batter in lined muffin tins and bake for 12 - 15 min in a 400 degree oven.