- 3⁄4 cup pitted dates
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 orange, unpeeled, cut into 8 sections
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Process dates with 1/2 C flour in a food processor until dates are uniformly chopped.
- Add the orange sections and process again.
- Add the orange juice, eggs, and butter. Pulse until well blended.
- Mix the dry ingredients and add, all at once, to the other ingredients. Pulse until just moist. Don't overmix.
- Drop mixture into greased muffin tins. Fill 3/4 full. Bake at 400 degree F oven for 15-20 minutes.