1/1 Photo of Orange-Date Loaves
1 hr 10 mins
Wonderful rich date flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, finely shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package dates, pitted, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans or 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1In a large mixing bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, orange peel, baking soda, and salt.
- 2In another mixing bowl stir together eggs, 1/2 cup of the thawed orange juice concentrate, the oil, and 1-1/2 cups water.
- 3Add to flour mixture. Stir by hand just until combined. Fold in dates and nuts.
- 4Divide mixture evenly between two greased 8"x4"x2" loaf pans. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean. (Or, divide mixture evenly among four 5-1/2"x3"x2" loaf pans and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until loaves test done.).
- 5Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove from pans.
- 6Generously brush tops and sides of loaves with remaining orange juice concentrate. Cool thoroughly on wire racks.
- 7Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange-Date Loaves
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.5
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 167.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 23.5 g
- Protein 5.0 g