This is an old recipe from a great, great aunt.
Make and share this Orange Date Cake recipe from Food.com.
- In a bowl, cream butter and one cup of sugar together.
- Add one tablespoon of water to baking soda and add vinegar to the milk.
- Mix in rind from two oranges, flour, egg, water/baking soda mixture and milk/vinegar mixture.
- Add walnuts and dates.
- Bake in an angel food cake pan or a spring form pan at 350 degrees for approximately 40 minutes.
- While cake is baking, squeeze the juice from the 2 oranges and mix with the remaining 1 cup of sugar.
- When cake comes out of the oven, pour this mixture over the cake.