Recipe by AniSarit
ZESTY! This is from MrBreakfast.com. Although very tart, this has a sweet depth to it with a nutty overtone. I use more nutmeg, and find the salt, although optional, should be used. I will try subbing milk for water, that may also be good.
Top Review by **Mandy**
I made as directed but used quick oats & did it in the microwave, lovely & tangy, went great with yoghurt for brekky. Even my toddler DD liked this one, would add a bit more nutmeg next time though. A very nice,healthy & filling brekky, thanks!
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal (not instant!)
- 1⁄3 cup dates, chopped
- 1⁄2-1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring juice, water, salt and nutmeg to a boil.
- Stir in oatmeal and dates. Return to boil, reduce heat.
- Cook 1 minute for quick oatmeal (5 minutes for old-fashioned), stirring occasionally.
- Stir in banana.
- Let stand until of desired consistency.