Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Australian BH&G Diabetic Living - sounds like a lovely dessert. 20 minutes cooling time is included in the cooking time
- Preheat oven to 180C (fan forced).
- Place 1 pastry sheet on a clean surface and spray with cooking spray and then top with the second pastry sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Cut in half lengthways, then cut each half into 4 even sized pieces to make 8 pieces in total.
- Use 4 pieces to line each of 2 x 3cm deep 8.5cm (base measurement) loose bottom, fluted flan tines.
- Trim pastry edges and place tins on a baking tray and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until pastry is light golden brown.
- Meanwile, put custard powder in a small saucepand and gradually whisk in the milk and cook, stirring over a medium heat for 6 to 7 minutes or until custard comes to a simmer and thickens.
- Remove pan from heat, stir in sugar and orange zest and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Carefully remove pastry cases from tins and put on plates.
- Whisk the custard until smooth and pour into pastry cases and top with the orange slices.
- Set aside for 15 minutes to cool completely and then serve.