Recipe by BakinBaby
A great little Oriental recipe I got while taking Oriental Cooking Classes at the House of Rice. You can also chunk the chicken, rather than leaving the breast in large pieces. It can be served over rice or noodles.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 onion (medium sized or chopped in 1-inch chunks)
- 1 bell pepper (chopped in 1-inch chunks)
- 1 cup mushroom (sliced)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 orange (cut into 8 wedges)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with garlic powder & salt, dust both sides with cornstarch; set aside.
- Combine broth,cornstarch,curry,sugar, salt, soy sauce & zest together in a saucepan, heat on medium high until sauce thickens.
- Heat 4 T. oil in wok, cook chicken on high until light brown.
- Place chopped onion,peppers and mushrooms in a casserole dish, cover with thickened sacue, then chicken and lastly arrange oranges wedges on top of chicken.
- Bake at 325 for 45 minute.
- Serve hot over noodles or rice.