Recipe by LAURIE
A recent article from our local food editor. Have yet to make these but wanted to share as they sounded interesting and yummy. When I make I will review. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced orange zest
- 1 orange, juice and pulp of
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed crackers, pieces about 16 crackers
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped dried cranberries or 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In small pan warm curry powder over med heat for one minute.
- Turn off heat and add butter.
- Stir until melted.
- Add orange items and yogurt.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry, then place in marinade turning to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 1-4 hours.
- In large bowl combine remaining ingredients.
- Heat oven to 450.
- Butter a baking sheet.
- Take breast from marinade and do not wipe off.
- Lay on the crumbs and scoop and pat the crumbs over the chicken until thoroughly coated.
- Repeat and place all on baking sheet.
- Roast until crisp and browned and cooked through about 25-30 minutes.
- Check after 15 minutes, if getting too brown, reduce heat to 400 and add 5 minutes to cooking time.