Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
A recent article from our local food editor. Have yet to make these but wanted to share as they sounded interesting and yummy. When I make I will review. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced orange zest
- 1 orange, juice and pulp of
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed crackers, pieces about 16 crackers
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped dried cranberries or 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- In small pan warm curry powder over med heat for one minute.
- Turn off heat and add butter.
- Stir until melted.
- Add orange items and yogurt.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry, then place in marinade turning to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 1-4 hours.
- In large bowl combine remaining ingredients.
- Heat oven to 450.
- Butter a baking sheet.
- Take breast from marinade and do not wipe off.
- Lay on the crumbs and scoop and pat the crumbs over the chicken until thoroughly coated.
- Repeat and place all on baking sheet.
- Roast until crisp and browned and cooked through about 25-30 minutes.
- Check after 15 minutes, if getting too brown, reduce heat to 400 and add 5 minutes to cooking time.
Beach Girl´s suggestions of doubling the cranberry topping and omitting the cracker crumbs is the one I would recommend too. It tastes really good !
This was very delicious. I loved the cranberry taste so much, next time I'll double the cranberry topping and omit the cracker crumbs. The topping adhered to the chicken well and was nicely browned. YUM. Thanks for a good recipe, Laurie.