Orange-Cumin Black Beans over Rice
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add in the shallot and celery; saute for 5-7 minutes until they are tender
- Meanwhile, start the rice; cook according to package directions.
- Add the beans and next 7 ingredients to the shallot celery mixture; bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Serve the beans over the cooked rice; you can sprinkle the beans with hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco sauce, if desired.
- Omit or reduce the brown sugar if you want the dish to be less sweet.