Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is from the 'Taste of Homes - Light and Tasty' magazine. It looks so inviting, I'm going to be making it this week anyhow! It was submitted in the magazine by Betty Tobias. This is one FANTASTIC SALAD, IMHO, that not only looks so nutritious and healthy, and is, for that matter, but also, is one that I'm sure anyone would enjoy.
Top Review by PrimQuilter
Served this salad at cooking class today and the ladies at the diet center loved it! I did swap the red onions for green and just used an entire bunch of romaine. Wish I would've remembered to snap a pic before taking it to work. Will be making this again many times! Thanks Charishma!
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 4 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
Directions See How It's Made
- Place orange and cucumber slices around the bottom sides of a straight-sided glass salad bowl.
- If you have any remaining orange and cucumber, cut the slices in half.
- Put these in another bowl.
- Add lettuce and onion.
- Now take a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Combine the orange juice, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and oil in it.
- Shake it really well.
- Pour over the lettuce mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Spoon into salad bowl with care.
- Sprinkle with croutons.
- Sit back and enjoy a serving of this immediately.