Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Orange and jicama go great together, add cucumber and you have the perfect salad.
Make and share this Orange, Cucumber and Jicama Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 3⁄4 cup chopped peeled jicama
- 1 small red pepper, seeded,de-ribbed,and diced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil or 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Tear the romaine into bite-sized pieces and place in a salad bowl.
- Arrange the oranges, cucumber, onion, jicama, and pepper on top.
- Mix together the oil, vinegar, oregano, and salt and pepper.
- Pour this dressing over the salad and mix lightly.
I tried this, substituting fresh spinach for the romaine lettuce and julienned the red pepper and jicama. This made a great salad and was a big hit.