2 hrs 45 mins
This is a nice traditional spiced pumpkin pie with an added zestiness of orange in the crust and the filling. The boubon whipped cream is a nice kicked-up topping. Prep time includes chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup real butter, cut up
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest
For egg wash
- 1 beaten egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
For Bourbon Whipped Cream
- 1For crust, mix flour, sugar and salt in medium bowl.
- 2Cut in shortening and butter until crumbly.
- 3Stir in orange peel and just enough orange juice to form a dough.
- 4Shape it in a ball and refrigerate for an hour.
- 5Roll dough out between wax paper and fit it into your deep-dish pie plate.
- 6Prick randomly with fork.
- 7Refrigerate another 20 minutes while you prepare the filling.
- 8For filling, mix sugars, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt in mixing bowl.
- 9Whisk together pumpkin, milk, eggs and orange peel in a seperate bowl.
- 10Whisk dry ingredients into wet ingredients and set aside.
- 11Make your egg wash by stirring egg yolk and water together.
- 12Brush the entire crust with the egg wash and then pour the filling in.
- 13Bake about 35- 45 minutes in preheated 375 oven until filling is set.
- 14You may want to use foil to cover the crust if it starts getting too dark.
- 15Cool pie on rack.
- 16For Bourbon Cream, beat cream, sugar and bourbon until soft peaks form.
- 17Serve a spoonful of cream on each piece of pie.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Crusted Pumpkin Pie with Bourbon Whipped Cream
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.6
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 144.8 mg
- Sodium 410.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 8.0 g