Recipe by Caryn
Received this recipe from a neighbor when I was in high school so that I could make it for my family. This is a wonderful change from traditional chicken recipes. And, it's so very easy to make.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon orange rind
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 orange juice
- 3 -4 lbs chicken parts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a baking dish.
- Combine bread crumbs, salt, and orange peel in a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and orange juice together until well blended.
- Dip chicken parts in the egg mixture; coat evenly with crumb mixture.
- Roll chicken in melted butter.
- Arrange chicken (skin side down) in baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken and cover with foil.
- Bake 30 additional minutes.