Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Similar to the 7-Up Pot Roast recipe we posted...This time it's chicken and orange soda...The idea came (in part) from a marinade recipe we had been using, but instead, dumped in the crock pot and left to slowly cook...Serve with steamed vegetables and roasted potatoes to complete your meal!
- Remove giblet/gizzard packet from the chicken and do whatever you want with it, you won't need it here.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken; place chicken in crock pot.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Combine the orange soda (Orange Crush) with the soy sauce and pour over the chicken.
- Toss in a couple bay leaves and set crock pot on low for 6 hours, or until a meat thermometer inserted in the breast meat reads 170°F.
- Potatoes, carrots, celery and onions may also be included as the chicken cooks (maybe half way through the cooking process?).
- Remove chicken to serving dish (along with any vegetables you might cook with it), to cool/settle 5 minutes, before serving.
Instead of whole chickens, I used 8 large chicken breasts that were 7 to 8 ounces each, but other than that, I followed the recipe right on down! Don't think I've had Orange Crush since they quit putting it in those short brown bottles, but I will say that, along with the other ingredients, it gave the chicken an interesting & enjoyable flavor! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement recipe tag]