Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
MOM'S RECIPE This is Delicious!
- 1 cup cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup melted margarine
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 can cream cheese frosting
- In a 2 quart bowl, combine ingredient's for the crunchy layer and mix until crumbly.
- Divide in half.
- Press half of the mixture into each of two 9-inch greased round cake pans.
- In a 3 quart bowl use mixer at low speed to blend cake ingredients until moistened.
- Beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Pour batter evenly over layers of crunchy mixture.
- Bake at 350-degree oven.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool completely.
- Mix frosting ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place one layer of cake, crunchy side up on a serving plate and spread with 1/4 of the frosting.
- Top with the other layer of cake also crunchy side up.
- Spread top and sides with remaining frosting.