1/1 Photo of Orange Crunch Cake from the Bubble Room
Realtor by day, Chef by night's Note:
This is the recipe for the famous Orange Crunch Cake from the Bubble Room in Captiva Island, Florida. It has developed quite a cult following. We love it. I hope you do, too. The added bonus-it's pretty easy to put together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 Pillsbury Plus yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 pillsbury ready to spread vanilla frosting
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1: Combine crunch layer ingredients. Press 1/2 into each bottom of 2 greased and floured 8" or 9" pans.
- 2: In a large bowl, blend cake ingredients at low speed until moistened. Beat 2 mins at high speed. Pour into pans.
- 3: Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes Cool 10 minutes Remove from pans and cool completely.
- 4: In small bowl, mix frosting & topping. Fold in lemon & lime peels.
- 5: Place one layer, crunch side up, on plate. Spread with 1/2 cup frosting. Top with remaining layer, crunch side up. Spread top and sides with remaining frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Crunch Cake from the Bubble Room
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.5
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 66.8 mg
- Sodium 123.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Pillsbury Plus yellow cake mix