1/1 Photo of Orange Crunch Cake
Sydney Mike's Note:
The original of this recipe comes from a publication from last year, The Complete Baking Cookbook. There is an icing, appropriately titled Orange Crunch Icing, that is particularly nice with this cake! Preparation time does not include time for cake to freeze before adding icing!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, & spray two 9-inch round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda & salt.
- 3Add shortening, orange zest & juice, water & eggs, mixing until well blended.
- 4Add lemon juice, mixing until JUST incorporated, then fold in almonds.
- 5Divide batter evenly between prepared pans.
- 6Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 30-34 minutes.
- 7Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pans & letting cool completely on the wire rack.
- 8For best results when decorating, wrap cakes in plastic wrap & freeze for 1-2 days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Crunch Cake
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.8
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 387.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 23.2 g
- Protein 4.2 g