Recipe by VeggieHippie
I haven't tried this yet, but I plan to soon. (I might make homemade yellow cake batter instead of using a mix, but I thought I should post the recipe as is.)
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups frosted flakes, crushed to 1 1/2 cups
- 2⁄3 cup orange marmalade
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Grease a 9x13". baking pan.
- Prepare mix according to package directions, adding grated orange peel to batter.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Meanwhile, cream butter and sugar.
- Mix in cinnamon and Sugar Frosted Flakes.
- Spread orange marmalade on warm cake.
- Sprinkle with crumb mixture.
- Place under broiler 6 inches from heat, for approximately 1 minute. (Watch carefully).
- Best served same day. If stored longer, before serving, recrisp under broiler for approximately 30 seconds.