Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Kind of like an orange flavored cheese cake. Make in a square pan or pie plate.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Combine crust ingredients and mix well.
- Spray an 8 or 9 inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Press crust ingredients into the bottom of the pan.
- Combine filling ingredients and mix well with a hand mixer or in a food processor.
- Spread over crust and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Allow bars to cool and place in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
- If you prefer, you may use lemon or lime juice and rind instead of orange.
Kel these bars are so good, I made them in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish otherwise made no other changes, my orange-loving DH loved these! thanks Kel...Kitten:)
It was super good, and really easy and fast to make. I'd love to try it with mandarin or tangerines. I like the flavor, and the smell of the bars. The women at my Christmas party loved them too.
These were very easy to make and tasted just wonderful. I decided to use a pre-made graham cracker pie crust and will make a crust next time. I will make this again in the lemon version next time as well cuz I love lemon, but wanted to try the orange first. Not much of a cheescake type person, but this was wonderful. If you are pressed for time, this fits the bill perfectly. Great job, KelBel! :)