Recipe by Sherrybeth
A good little cookie for any occasion.
Top Review by Denise in da Kitchen
Although I would like to see a little more of an orange flavor, these are really very good. My DD thought they tasted more like lemon crisps than orange. Next time I may try using more orange zest. I think that might give more flavor without diluting the dough. Thanks, Sherrybeth for this new addition to our holiday cookie tray.
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat shortening with electric mixer for 2 minutes or until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar and beat for 3-4 minutes until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Add the orange extract and orange zest and blend well.
- Add the flour and salt to the creamed mixture and mix until well blended.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls(or use a cookie scoop) approximately 2 inchs apart on a baking sheet which has either been lightly sprayed with non-stick spray or coated with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies at 375 degrees for 11-12 minutes or until the edges brown lightly.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes then move to wire racks to cool completely.