Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another quick cookie made from a cake mix. Dough may be chilled slightly if too soft to handle. I always roll in sugar and forget the pecans. They look pretty rolled in orange sugar.
- 1 (18 ounce) box orange cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- granulated sugar (optional)
- pecan halves (optional)
- Combine mix, oil and eggs.
- Roll into walnut sized balls.
- Roll in sugar if desired.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes.
- Place pecan half on top if desired.
I loved these. They are very pretty in color and are very easy to make. I added 1 tsp. of orange extract for just a little stronger orange flavor. These were a big hit in my Christmas trays!! We'll definitely be making these again.
These came out missing something....I am not sure why. My kids liked them and they are easy so they will be made again with some changes.