Recipe by laursy
Extremely fancy dessert that you would be proud to serve your company. Absolutely delicious and easy to put together. I keep some crepes frozen at all times so that if I need an emergency dessert - all I have to do is microwave and make sauce. It will depend on the size of crepes that you make how many this will yield and I cannot tell you for sure as I always make a double or triple batch to store some.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced orange rind
- 12 fluid ounces frozen orange juice concentrate
- cornstarch, wee bit
- orange liqueur, prefer triple sec
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine softened cream cheese and orange rind and set aside to blend.
- Combine eggs, flour, salt, and milk. Beat until smooth. Let stand 30 minutes.
- For each crepe – pour ¼ cup batter in hot lightly greased 6 ½ inch skillet. Cook until lightly browned on both sides. Stack crepes between sheets of waxed paper and freeze until you need them.
- You can thaw these in bulk in your oven or a couple at a time in the microwave. I don't freeze them filled but do the filling after they are thawed.
- To make sauce – heat concentrated orange juice in pot and thicken slightly with corn starch. Pour over filled and rolled crepes and then sprinkle one teaspoons orange liqueur on top to serve.