Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Fudge made with vanilla chips and orange flavoring.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 12 ounces vanilla chips
- 3 teaspoons orange extract
- 12 drops yellow food coloring
- 9 drops red food coloring
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream
- Grease 13x9-inch pan with 1 1/2 teaspoons of butter or margarine.
- In heavy saucepan, combine sugar, cream, and butter. Stir while cooking on low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil while stirring, 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in chips and marshmallow cream until smooth. Set aside 1 cup of this mixture. Add orange extract and food colorings to remaining mixture; stirring until blended.
- Pour into the greased pan. Drop the remaining 1 cup mixture by tablespoons, over the top; swirl with a knife.
- Cover and chill until it has set. Cut into squares.
This recipe is wonderful!! I have 5 other batches of different kinds of fudge made for Christmas and to me this flavor is best. To keep the orange extract from having an alcohol taste, add it after mixture has been removed from heat but still boiling. It will bubble up some but sure makes for a better flavor. After it set up and was sliced, I made balls out of 2 of the rows of squares and covered them in dipping chocolate. Left the rest as they were. Very happy with this recipe. Thanks so much for sharing!!
Love this recipe! I put the food coloring and orange flavoring in a prep bowl to save time when mixing it in. I worked quickly so fudge would not set up on me before I got the mixture swirled in. Very creamy and delicious!
I made these for an event at work and it went over very well. Great flavor.