1/3 Photos of Orange Creamed Rice in Dark Chocolate Cups
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 35 mins
Um Safia's Note:
I love the flavour combination of orange with chocolate - it is such a classic combination - & that is why I came up with this recipe. There is nothing difficult about making this dessert, you just need a bit of time & patience…Time to make doesn't include chilling or setting times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Creamed Rice
- 59.14 ml short-grain pudding rice
- 591.47 ml milk
- 29.58 ml honey
- 236.59 ml cream small orange, zest of, finely grated
For the Chocolate Cups
- 100 g dark chocolate (good quality, at least 65%)
For the Decoration
- 4 cape gooseberries (Physalis)
- 1Mix rice with the milk & orange zest in a large saucepan & bring to the boil.
- 2Immediately reduce the heat, cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer VERY gently for 1 hour, stirring regularly.
- 3Remove the lid and continue cooking and stirring for around 20 minutes or until the rice is creamy.
- 4Add cream & honey and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- 5Set the creamed rice aside to cool. Once cooled enough, place in fridge to chill.
- 6Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water. Gently dip the physalis in the chocolate then place on aluminium foil to set.
- 7With the remaining chocolate, paint 4 paper muffin cases using a pastry brush. You will need 2 coats of chocolate to produce a strong cup. Set aside & allow to cool. For added effect, make the 2nd chocolate coat with white chocolate.
- 8Once the creamed rice has chilled, spoon it into the chocolate cups & top with the physalis. For an alternative decoration, you can leave the physalis plain or dip in white chocolate. You can also top with grated chocolate.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Creamed Rice in Dark Chocolate Cups
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.4
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 21.3 mg
- Sodium 82.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: