Recipe by cookiedog
Serve this to your Mom for Mother's Day or for a special brunch. Please plan ahead as it needs to freeze overnight. Sparkling cider or Ginger Ale can replace the alcohol. From Tyler Florence
Top Review by rosslare
Very fancy! I made 1/4 of the orange cream freeze, and there was plenty to go for one bottle of sparkly. Champagne goes wasted on this one, but cheaper bubblies sparkle nicely here.
- 2 1⁄2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice (5 to 6 oranges)
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1 (750 ml) bottle sparkling wine or 1 (750 ml) bottle champagne
- strawberry, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Put orange juice, zest, half-and-half, and sugar into a blender and process until the sugar has dissolved, about 30 seconds. Pour this mixture into a shallow pan and freeze until hard, 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the frozen orange mixture from the freezer and let it sit to soften slightly, about 10 minutes.
- With a scoop or tablespoon, scrape out a small scoop and put it into a Champagne glass. Slowly fill the glass with Champagne and serve garnished with strawberries.