1/3 Photos of Orange Cream French Toast
This is adapted from the Timberwolf Creek Bed & Breakfast in Maggie Valley, North Carolina, and is a real treat! Editor's Note: From the owner of the Timberwolf Creek B&B (chef #241803): "You really need to mix some vanilla into the cream cheese/orange mixture or you'll miss the entire experience! It's all about those dreamsicles we had as kids.)"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blend vanilla into the cream cheese, powdered sugar, sour cream and orange zest. Mix well. Cover and store in the refrigerator overnight, to let the orange flavor blend into the cream cheese mixture.
- 2In the morning, mix eggs & milk, in a 1:1 ratio. (For two people, use three eggs. Measure them into a measuring cup, and then pour in that much milk.) Whisk together with a little vanilla.
- 3Slice the day-old French bread into 1 & 1/2 inch thick slices. Cut a pocket into each slice and fill generously with the cream cheese mixture. Dip into the eggs & milk blend, allowing your French bread to soak it up. Grill on an oiled, preheated griddle on medium heat for about 2-4 minutes, until golden. Sprinkle with a scant amount of cinnamon and nutmeg. Turn once, and cook for another few minutes, till golden.
- 4Dust with powdered sugar, garnish with fresh slices of orange, and serve immediately with warmed maple syrup. Looks lovely garnished with a bit of the orange zest, too, if you have some nice long pieces. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Cream French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (652 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1523.0
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 356.6 mg
- Sodium 2307.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 235.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 61.3 g