4 hrs 10 mins
A sopisticated and yummy spin on the classic "cremesicle" combination. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 5 1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- red food coloring (optional)
- yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1 can prepared vanilla frosting (or your favorite frosting--a cream cheese one is yummy too)
- 1Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- 2Cream together the butter and 1 cup of the powdered sugar in a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute, or until creamy.
- 3Add the egg, 2 Tbsp.
- 4orange juice, 3 1/2 tsp.
- 5orange zest, vanilla, lemon juice, and orange extract; beat until well blended.
- 6Gradually stir in the flour mixture; mix well.
- 7Shape the dough into 2 logs about 2" in diameter on a lightly floured surface.
- 8Wrap each log tightly in waxed paper; chill at least 3 hours.
- 9Preheat oven to 350*F.
- 10Line at least 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- 11Cut dough into 1/4" thick slices; place 1" apart on the cookie sheets.
- 12Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges.
- 13Cool cookies on the sheets for 2 minutes; then transfer them to wire racks and cool completely.
- 14Combine the remaining 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 2 Tbsp.
- 15orange juice, and 1 tsp.
- 16orange zest in a medium bowl; beat until blended.
- 17Add additional orange juice, if necessary, for desired consistency.
- 18(At this point, add a few drops of red and yellow food coloring; mix until you reach a desired orange color.) Glaze tops of cookies; let stand 1 hour, or until glaze is set.
- 19Frost half of the cookie bottoms with vanilla frosting; place a second cookie bottom side down over the frosting to make a sandwich.
- 20Store loosely covered in a single layer for up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Cream-Dream Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (983 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.0
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 29.1 mg
- Sodium 98.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: