Young and old enjoy this super-moist cake and soft light frosting. It will remind you of those frozen creamsicle treats. (Plan ahead, Prep. time does not reflect refrigeration time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unsweetened orange drink mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 (3 ounce) packages orange gelatin, divided
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a mixing bowl, combine cake and drink mixes, eggs, 1 cup water and oil; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 3Pour into an ungreased 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking pan.
- 4Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 5Using a meat fork, poke holes in the cake.
- 6Let cool for 30 minutes.
- 7In a bowl, dissolve 1 package of jello in boiling water; stir in cold water.
- 8Pour over cake; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 9In a mixing bowl, combine milk, vanilla extract, vanilla pudding mix and remaining package of jello; beat on low for 2 minutes.
- 10Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 11Fold in whipped topping.
- 12Frost cake.
- 13Refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Cream Dream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.6
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 42.4 mg
- Sodium 373.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 32.1 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
unsweetened orange drink mix