Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Young and old enjoy this super-moist cake and soft light frosting. It will remind you of those frozen creamsicle treats. (Plan ahead, Prep. time does not reflect refrigeration time)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unsweetened orange drink mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 (3 ounce) packages orange gelatin, divided
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake and drink mixes, eggs, 1 cup water and oil; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into an ungreased 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Using a meat fork, poke holes in the cake.
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, dissolve 1 package of jello in boiling water; stir in cold water.
- Pour over cake; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a mixing bowl, combine milk, vanilla extract, vanilla pudding mix and remaining package of jello; beat on low for 2 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Frost cake.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Daughter made it. Grandparent/family loved it!!
Fantastic! This is a delicious and very moist cake. It reminds me, too, of the frozen Creamsicles from years ago. My family, friends and I love it. I have had many requests for the recipe.