Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Someone bought me a Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream & Dessert Book (title). This book is great it tells how to make most of their flavors and some. The book can be ordered at the bookstore for about $8.95. The reason I like this ice cream is because you can freeze it and it is like the store bought hard ice cream. I do not eat it right from the freezer because too me it is to creamy. Freezing time not included in preparation time.
- 1⁄3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Sweet Cream Base
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream or 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- Prepare the sweet cream base by whisking the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in the cream and milk and whisk to blend.
- Add the juice concentrate and vanilla extract and blend.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following manufacturer's instructions.
- Makes generous 1 quart.
It was something so easy to make and so delicious and yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just plain yum