Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
Yet to try
Make and share this Orange & Cream Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix, prepared as box directs, substituting orange juice for the water
- 1 1⁄3 cups orange juice (or 1 1/4, depending on your mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (75 g) packetimported english bird's custard mix (see Note 1)
- 1 tablespoon orange peel (grated)
- 12 orange sections, each cut in half
- Heat oven to 350°F Line 24 regular-size (2 1/2-in. diam) muffin cups with paper or foil liners (see Note 2).
- Spoon cake batter into lined cups, filling each 2/3 full. Bake as box directs. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Using tip of a paring knife, cut a small hole in top of each cupcake.
- Prepare custard as box directs, stir in grated peel and cool until warm. Spoon into a sturdy ziptop food bag, cut tip off one corner and pipe into holes in cupcakes (you’ll have about 1/2 cup custard left.) Insert a half orange section into custard in each cupcake. Refrigerate until serving.
- Note 1: Look for Bird’s Imported English Dessert Mix in the pudding-mix section of your.
- Note 2: Since the recipe makes 24 cupcakes, if you have two 12-cup, regular-size muffin pans you can prepare them both as the recipe directs and bake them side by side on the middle rack of your oven.
- Can be prepared through Step 2 up to 2 days ahead. Complete up to 1 day ahead. Refrigerate covered.