1 hr 20 mins
Yet to try
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix, prepared as box directs, substituting orange juice for the water
- 1 1/3 cups orange juice (or 1 1/4, depending on your mix)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (75 g) packet imported english bird's custard mix (see Note 1)
- 1 tablespoon orange peel (grated)
- 12 orange sections, each cut in half
- 1Heat oven to 350°F Line 24 regular-size (2 1/2-in. diam) muffin cups with paper or foil liners (see Note 2).
- 2Spoon cake batter into lined cups, filling each 2/3 full. Bake as box directs. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Using tip of a paring knife, cut a small hole in top of each cupcake.
- 3Prepare custard as box directs, stir in grated peel and cool until warm. Spoon into a sturdy ziptop food bag, cut tip off one corner and pipe into holes in cupcakes (you’ll have about 1/2 cup custard left.) Insert a half orange section into custard in each cupcake. Refrigerate until serving.
- 4Note 1: Look for Bird’s Imported English Dessert Mix in the pudding-mix section of your.
- 6Note 2: Since the recipe makes 24 cupcakes, if you have two 12-cup, regular-size muffin pans you can prepare them both as the recipe directs and bake them side by side on the middle rack of your oven.
- 7Can be prepared through Step 2 up to 2 days ahead. Complete up to 1 day ahead. Refrigerate covered.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange & Cream Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.5
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 26.8 mg
- Sodium 150.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
bird's custard mix