Recipe by Meryl
I haven't tried this recipe.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
This was a good recipe, but the amount of marmalade was a bit overpowering for our tastes. I adore marmalade, so I was very surprised that we didn't care for the taste as much as expected. The bread part was yummy, but the filling tasted a little sour. The batter was tasty however, and the cooking method worked out nicely. The French Toast looked lovely on the plate. I would use this method again, but I would select different filling ingredients.
- 8 slice French bread (2-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 1 inch thick)
- 113.39 g cream cheese, room temperature
- 118.29 ml orange marmalade
- 4 large eggs
- 236.59 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.59 ml ground nutmeg
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Place baking sheet in oven.
- Cut a 4-inch long by 2-inch deep pocket through the top crust of each slice of bread.
- Mix cream cheese and marmalade together.
- Spoon 1 generous Tablespoon of cream cheese mixture into each bread pocket.
- Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a pie plate.
- Dip 4 stuffed bread slices into egg mixture, thoroughly coating them.
- Over medium heat, melt 1 Tablespoon butter in large, nonstick skillet, then add the 4 bread slices.
- Cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place on baking sheet, and keep in oven until ready to serve.
- Repeat procedure for the remaining 4 slices.
- Serve with orange syrup.