Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I haven't tried this recipe.
Make and share this Orange Cream Cheese-Stuffed French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Place baking sheet in oven.
- Cut a 4-inch long by 2-inch deep pocket through the top crust of each slice of bread.
- Mix cream cheese and marmalade together.
- Spoon 1 generous Tablespoon of cream cheese mixture into each bread pocket.
- Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a pie plate.
- Dip 4 stuffed bread slices into egg mixture, thoroughly coating them.
- Over medium heat, melt 1 Tablespoon butter in large, nonstick skillet, then add the 4 bread slices.
- Cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place on baking sheet, and keep in oven until ready to serve.
- Repeat procedure for the remaining 4 slices.
- Serve with orange syrup.
This was a good recipe, but the amount of marmalade was a bit overpowering for our tastes. I adore marmalade, so I was very surprised that we didn't care for the taste as much as expected. The bread part was yummy, but the filling tasted a little sour. The batter was tasty however, and the cooking method worked out nicely. The French Toast looked lovely on the plate. I would use this method again, but I would select different filling ingredients.