Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is another recipe I've had for years and won several baking contests with. It is very easy and VERY good, especially if you like orange.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons orange extract
- 2 tablespoons orange peel, finely grated
- Cream butter and cream cheese together until smooth and creamy.
- Add the sugar, one cup at a time and blend well.
- Add 2 eggs; then one cup flour and blend until mixed.
- Add 2 more eggs; then another cup of flour and blend until mixed.
- Add last 2 eggs and last cup flour and blend well.
- Add salt, orange extract and orange peel and blend until well mixed.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan and pour cake dough into bundt pan.
- IN A COLD OVEN, place the cake pan and turn oven on to 300 degrees.
- Cook for 2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Very good pound cake! I was worried that 2T. of orange extract would be too much but it was perfect. Great texture, great flavor, moist. What more could you ask for? Served it with warm dark chocolate sauce drizzled over each piece as it was served.
Made this cake for 2 of my friends birthday's. They loved it as well as everyone else did. :) It is requested that I make this for them now from now on. I used Recipe #148069 for a frosting. Loved the texture! Its a delicious cake :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!
great cake! loved the crunchy top. The orange peel and flavoring really made this cake!