Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is enough for one cake. It would be great on lots of different cakes but I usually use it on carrot cake.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Place butter in bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, and beat on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add cream cheese, and beat until well combined and fluffy, about 2 minutes more. Add sugar, orange zest, ginger, and salt, and beat for 5 minutes. This is where you would add the vanilla as well.