Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This Frosting goes really well with my Chocolate Pumpkin Cake recipe. It also goes well with any Spice, or Carrot Cake. It is Scrumptious!!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange food coloring
- Blend the cream cheese, butter, orange juice, orange zest, and vanilla in a large bowl, using an electric mixer set at medium speed, until smooth.
- Add the sugar and continue to beat until light and creamy -- about 3 more minutes.
- Add the food coloring and gently stir until the color is uniform.
- Chill the frosting until ready to ice the cupcakes or cake.
Made this yesterday in an emergency as my bunt cake (orange pound) stuck and looked awful. Had half the cream cheese, so I doubled the butter and omitted the food coloring. It was awesome!! Used the zest, too!
I made this to use as a SPREAD for Sunflower Seed and Orange Bread ~ I used 8 ounces cream cheese, a dash of salt, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon orange zest, 1 teaspoon orange extract, and only 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar; I did not add any food coloring! Made for Orphanage Adoption, Spring PAC 2012.
Great frosting! I made it as written and used it to frost a banana cake. Next time I'll try it with spice cake or carrot cake. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2012.