Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a yummy variation of a favorite frosting. It perfectly complements a chocolate carrot cake, chocolate pumpkin cake or chocolate zucchini cake (or the un-chocolate versions, thereof) plus others you will think of.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces butter, room temperature (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese, butter and orange extract until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar and buttermilk; then beat on high until smooth and fluffy.
- This makes enough frosting for one 2-layer cake or a 9x13-inch cake.