This is a very good coffee cake. It does not have a strong orange flavor. We have served it to many people and have never been disappointed. All want the recipe afterwards.
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 (11 ounce) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (1869 brand)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into 20 squares
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Combine the granulated sugar, pecans and orange rind in a bowl; set aside for future use.
- Separate biscuit dough into individual biscuits; then gently separate individual biscuits in half.
- Place a cream cheese square between the 2 halves and pinch sides to seal each back together.
- Dip in butter and dredge in granulated sugar mixture.
- Stand biscuits on edge in a lightly greased 12-cup Bundt pan, spacing evenly.
- Drizzle with remaining butter and sprinkle with remaining granulated sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden.
- Immediately invert onto a serving plate.
- Glaze: Combine powdered sugar and orange juice; stir well.
- Drizzle over warm bread.
- Serve immediately.
- You may omit the cream cheese but still separate biscuits in half and dip as normal in sugar mixture.
- We do a half and half batch.
- There is not a strong orange flavor here.