Recipe by Damar12
This is a very good coffee cake. It does not have a strong orange flavor. We have served it to many people and have never been disappointed. All want the recipe afterwards.
Top Review by libertycooker
I am one happy cook right now. I had lost this recipe several years ago and just found it here on RecipeZaar today. My family loves this coffee cake! Make sure you use freshly grated orange peel and squeezed OJ. The fresh taste is wonderful.
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 (11 ounce) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (1869 brand)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into 20 squares
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the granulated sugar, pecans and orange rind in a bowl; set aside for future use.
- Separate biscuit dough into individual biscuits; then gently separate individual biscuits in half.
- Place a cream cheese square between the 2 halves and pinch sides to seal each back together.
- Dip in butter and dredge in granulated sugar mixture.
- Stand biscuits on edge in a lightly greased 12-cup Bundt pan, spacing evenly.
- Drizzle with remaining butter and sprinkle with remaining granulated sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden.
- Immediately invert onto a serving plate.
- Glaze: Combine powdered sugar and orange juice; stir well.
- Drizzle over warm bread.
- Serve immediately.
- You may omit the cream cheese but still separate biscuits in half and dip as normal in sugar mixture.
- We do a half and half batch.
- There is not a strong orange flavor here.