The perfect brownie for an adult Halloween party or anytime you want to enjoy a perfect combination of refreshing orange and rich chocolate.
- 1 (19 ounce) packagebetty crocker supreme dark chocolate brownie mix (with dark chocolate syrup pouch)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed)
- yellow food coloring
- red food coloring
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease (or use cooking spray) bottom of 13x9-inch rectangular pan.
- Stir brownie mix, chocolate syrup, water, oil and 2 eggs for fudgelike brownies (or 3 eggs for cakelike brownies) in medium bowl, using spoon, until well blended.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake 27 to 29 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out clean or almost clean.
- Cool completely.
- Stir cream cheese, powdered sugar, orange juice, 4 drops yellow food color and 2 drops red food color until smooth and spreadable; spread over brownies.
- Place chocolate chips and shortening in small microwavable bowl.
- Microwave uncovered on Medium (50%) about 2 minutes or until mixture can be stirred smooth.
- Drizzle over brownies.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until cream cheese and chocolate are set.
- For 36 brownies, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining brownies.
I wish that I could give 10 stars for this delicious treat. Made as written but with a few changes. Made in a 8 x 8 pan, it was a small brownie mix. The brownies were soft, tender and chewy, which we loved. When making the frosting, I used fresh orange juice, I didn't have any frozen and discovered that I didn't have enough icing sugar, resulting in a soft flowing frosting that didn't harden much. It was a really pretty pale orange color that packed a big punch of flavor. The chocolate drizzle was simply perfect. This recipe was so good, I can't wait to make it again. Thanks for sharing another winner. Made for Feb/14 Aussie Swap.