- 2 medium pears or 2 medium apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3⁄4-1 cup raw sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon brandy
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan combine pears or apples, cranberries, orange juice, zest, and water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes or until fruit is tender.
- Purée in a blender until smooth.
- Return to pan and add sugar and brandy, if desired.
- Cook on medium-low, stirring frequently, until very thick.
- Once the "topping" begins to thicken, stir constantly so mixture doesn't burn.